[Pw_forum] nscf

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 18:02:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

grep Fermi *.scf.out

But if you have a semiconductor or insulator without
specifying an occupation method (and degauss, if a
smearing technique is used) the fermi energy will not
be printed, because in this case you (the program)
know  how many electron bands are occupied,
N_valence_elec/2. In this case the highest filled band
is assumed to be the Fermi level. In the case of the
tetrahedra method  used for semiconductors the Fermi
level is placed in the band gap.

Bests,
Eyvaz.