[Pw_forum] nscf

Miguel Martínez Canales wmbmacam at lg.ehu.es
Fri Oct 13 17:53:36 CEST 2006

Dear Helder,

As far as I know, which is little, the Fermi energy is printed by default
and, as Paolo pointed out, if you use tetrahedra or smearing as occupation
method. You can find it just above the system energy. The command:

$ grep Fermi your.system.out

will yield the fermi energy. Keep in mind that it is also calculated on a
non self-consistent run, so don't mistake them.

> I am sorry to insist on a naive question but I dont seem to be able to
> get the numerical value printed out for the fermi energy. How do you do
> that ?

Miguel Martínez Canales
    Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada
    UPV/EHU
    Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnología
    Apdo. 644
    48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5437

  "The problem with Renault is that they dont have
  the skills to convince FIA that the mass damper
  is just a brake cooler."

Annonymous