[Pw_forum] use doual core

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sun Nov 26 20:34:43 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Amin Babazadeh wrote:

dear amin,

AB> Dear Dr.Kohlmeyer
AB> Thanks a lot for your help.I did what you said.i installed
AB> fftw-3.1.2.tar
AB> lam-7.1.2.tar
AB> mpich2-1.0.4p1.tar
AB> openmpi-1.1.2.tar

whoa there. you only need _one_ mpi library,
not three of them. how did you plan to distinguish
between them??

did you try to compile and run any MPI example programs
to verify that your MPI installation is correct and working??

AB>  on fedora core 5 and after that i configure the espresso but this error was
AB> written
AB>
AB> WARNING: the following problems were detected:
AB>
AB>  unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination:
AB>  CC=mpicc, F77=mpif77, F90=mpif90
AB> you may not be able to compile this program.
AB> i don't know what this problem means.would you please help me.

please read what it says. it is a _WARNING_. that means
the configure script could not verify that you are using
a know to work combination of MPI and compilers. i.e. you
should go on and try to compile, but be very careful in
checking that the resulting programs will work.

good luck,
   axel.