[Pw_forum] use doual core

Amin Babazadeh babazade at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 11:11:51 CET 2006

Dear Dr.Kohlmeyer
Thanks a lot for your help.I did what you said.i installed
fftw-3.1.2.tar
lam-7.1.2.tar
mpich2-1.0.4p1.tar
openmpi-1.1.2.tar
 on fedora core 5 and after that i configure the espresso but this error was
written

WARNING: the following problems were detected:

 unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination:
 CC=mpicc, F77=mpif77, F90=mpif90
you may not be able to compile this program.
i don't know what this problem means.would you please help me.
Thanks a lot

On 11/22/06, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu> wrote:

> On 11/22/06, Amin Babazadeh <babazade at gmail.com> wrote:
> > dear users
> > I use a computer with a dual core CPU.but my problem is that when i run
> > program only one of the CPU work but i like to share the work (solving k
> > points) between cpus.
> > I think that i should install the parallel pwscf but when i run the
> > ./configure only single pwscf installed.
>
> you have to install an MPI package (e.g. LAM/MPI, OpenMPI, MPICH)
> first and then configure/compile quantum espresso with parallel support
> as explained in the provided installation instructions.
>
> please make sure that your MPI package is compatible with or compiled
> for the fortran compiler you want to use to compiled quantum espresso
> with.
> precompiled packages may be compiled for a different compiler and thus
> need special flags or environment variables set to use the compiler of
> your choice.
>
> axel.
>
> > would you please tell me or give me a document that solve my problem.
> >

> > --
> > AMIN

AMIN