[Pw_forum] read_file: problem reading .save files

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri May 12 14:42:59 CEST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 14:09, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:

>      from read_file  : error #         1
>      problem reading file /local_scratch/sclauzer/tmp/prefix.save

I am quite sure this has been fixed in the meantime. Note that

- there is no guarantee that the processor reading the data file is
the same that wrote it in a previous run. One has no control on
which processor holds which MPI process.

- you need to set wf_collect to .true. in order to save wavefunctions
into a single file

- if I remember correctly, pseudopotentials are still read by every
processor. There is no special reason for this, other than the time
and boredom needed to implement it in the same way as the rest
of I/O (i.e. read on one processor, broadcast all variables to all
other processors)

- there is no way to write things to disk in such a way that it
satisfies all requirements.

Notice to everybody: when reporting problems in the CVS version,
please check out the very latest version first

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it