[Pw_forum] Re: I/O problem in phonon and electron-phonon coupling calculations

Miguel Martínez Canales wmbmacam at lg.ehu.es
Thu Mar 16 12:33:54 CET 2006

Hi Yanming,

 > Or, could we close out some unused writing files to save the CPU time in
 > the phonon related calcualtions? if so,how can we do this?

You can set the flag reduce_io=.true. on the ph.x input file. I usually do,
but I don't know if this will help much. Basically, because you still need
the wavefunctions and fildvscf for el-ph calculations.

Miguel Martínez Canales
    Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada
    UPV/EHU
    Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnología