[Pw_forum] which file is a must for continueing ph.x run if time_max is reached?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jan 13 09:38:24 CET 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 16:16, Konzern wrote:

> I am using a cluster with queueing system to do calculations with
> pwscf, because of the massive i/o load, I have to distribute the
> $TMP_DIR on each node.  Therefore, it is not practical for me to
> collect all the files in $TMP_DIR and then re-distribute them in the
> subsequent run if time_max is reached in a previous run.

practical or unpractical, there is no other way to restart the phonon
code. The problem is that it is impossible to distribute processes
across different processors in a predictable way, so the only safe
and simple solution is to have all files accessible from all processes.

> I guess the necessary file should be the .save or recover

both: *.save and recover*, I think.

P.
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it