[Pw_forum] Run-time error with pw.x when compiled with Intel 9.0

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Wed Jan 11 20:56:37 CET 2006

Hi all,

   I am trying to get the espresso 3.0 package to work with the Intel 9.0
compilers.  I have been able to get everything to compile correctly, but
then I run into a problem when I run pw.x on the simple systems in example
1.  Basically, the scf calculation stops with the complaint:

    from cfts_3 : error #         1
    routine called by wrong architecture

Looking back through the archive, it appears that Sergey Lisenkov had this
same problem and was able to solve it by using the gnu cpp for preprocessing
during the compile.  I have tried this and I still run into the same
problem.    If someone has a sucessful make.sys file that has worked with
Intel 9.0 compilers, I would be interested in seeing it.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Scientific Computation Associate