[Pw_forum] I am receiving spams from this mailing list

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Feb 28 10:00:32 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 05:52, Mahmoud Payami wrote:

> Dear Administrator of ESPRESSO Mailing,
>
> Kindly, it is for a few months that I am receiving from this mailing
> facility some messages containing viruses with subjects as: show, photo,
> .... I would be grateful if you please consider filtering such messages.

Hi Mahmoud

all messages to pw_forum not coming from registered users are blocked.
Today's log message says that yesterday 298 unauthorized messages
were blocked. [ these, by the way, may also include legitimate e-mails
not coming from the very same e-mail used for registration. Since all
blocked messages are automatically deleted, don't wait for "moderator
approval": there will be none ]

The spam you receive is not coming via pw_forum, as explained
by Axel, but most likely from viruses on other people's computers.
Unfortunately there is little that can be done, as long as there are
people using Windows and getting viruses all the time.

If in the future we'll notice spam messages going through the mailing
list, we'll take (or try to take) appropriate actions.

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it