[Pw_forum] I am receiving spams from this mailing list

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at vitae.cmm.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 28 06:14:11 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Mahmoud Payami wrote:

dear professor payami,

kindly note, that i am not the administrator of the quantum espresso
mailing list, but please consider the fact, that most spams and
virusses nowadays send mails with fake sender addresses found in
other people's mailboxes.

so the spam/virusses may be originating from a fellow subscriber of
the mailing list and not been routed through the mailing list itself.

only a look at the full mail header section with the detailed mail
routing information will tell you (or us) the difference.

best regards,
     axel kohlmeyer.