[Pw_forum] [Fwd: help]

Silviu Zilberman silviu at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 11 17:53:34 CEST 2006

If you just want to reach some final temperature, it's should be enough
to specify the temperature and the Nose thermostat in the input file. If
you wish to do gradual ramping of the temperature (say for thermodynamic
integration), I think that the only way in PW is to specify intermediate
temperatures, equilibrate at these temperatures and raise to the next
temperature manually.

In the CP code you can easily do automatic temperature ramping using the
auto pilot functionality. Read the documentation in README.AUTOPILOT.

Silviu.