[Pw_forum] (really silly) questions about DOS calculations

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Jan 26 09:27:27 CET 2005

Dear Eduardo Ariel Menendez

Please notice that Fermi-Dirac  approximation to delta function is
obtained with nagauss=-99 (minus 99 )
If you specify ngauss=+99 you get a very wierd function which is a
gaussian multiplied by some Hermite polynomial of degree 99*2 wildly
oscillating with 99*2-1 zeros  within a few degauss around the fermi
energy ...

We should disable use of degauss larger than 1 (or maybe 2).... and
repalce ngauss in input with some more mnemonic definition as it is done
in pw.x

best regards,
Stefano de Gironcoli