[Pw_forum] Compilation of PWSCF 2.1.2

Axel Kohlmeyer axel.kohlmeyer at theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 14 15:28:32 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Marcos Verissimo Alves wrote:

MVA> Hi all,

hi!

MVA> I have downloaded the espresso package and I am trying to compile it on
MVA> a 64bit AMD running Mandrake Linux, using ifort 8.1 and the free mkl
MVA> libraries. I ran configure and then make pw. Apparently, the clib and
MVA> flib libraries are built successfully, with no problems reported.
MVA> Everything goes fine until the compiler tries to link all objects:

MVA> ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
MVA> `../clib/clib.a(c_mkdir.o)' is incompatible with i386
MVA> output

you seem to be using the 32bit version of the intel compiler.
in that case you also have to compile the c modules in 32bit
mode. e.g by using the corresponding icc or 'gcc -m32' instead
of gcc as c compiler.

to take advantage of the 64bit addressing, however, you need
to download the EM64T version of the intel compilers from
intel's premier support site (l_fce_pc_8.1.024.tar.gz).
note the 'fce' instead of the 'fc' for the 32bit/itanium
compiler archive.

regards,
	axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer   e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer at theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/