[Pw_forum] Compilation of PWSCF 2.1.2

Marcos Verissimo Alves verissim at df.ufscar.br
Mon Feb 14 15:08:37 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have downloaded the espresso package and I am trying to compile it on
a 64bit AMD running Mandrake Linux, using ifort 8.1 and the free mkl
libraries. I ran configure and then make pw. Apparently, the clib and
flib libraries are built successfully, with no problems reported.
Everything goes fine until the compiler tries to link all objects:

ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`../clib/clib.a(c_mkdir.o)' is incompatible with i386
output
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`../clib/clib.a(cptimer.o)' is incompatible with i386
output
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`../clib/clib.a(fft_stick.o)' is incompatible with i386
output
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`../clib/clib.a(indici.o)' is incompatible with i386
output
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`../clib/clib.a(qsort.o)' is incompatible with i386
output
ifort: error: Fatal error in ld, terminated by segmentation
violation                                                                                      make[1]: *** [memory.x] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/software/instala/espresso/PW'                                                                                       make: *** [pw] Error 2

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

--