[Pw_forum] espresso on mac os x

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at vitae.cmm.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 6 19:01:47 CET 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Alejandro Diaz Ortiz wrote:

AO> Hi,

hi alex,

AO> I am a new espresso user and I am trying to install it first in an
AO> Apple computer before putting it into a linux cluster. I tried the
AO> shortest way to install espresso, i.e., ./configure and then make
AO> all, but it did not work. Before I engage in a battle against the OS
AO> X, I wanted to know if someone has already installed expresso in an
AO> Apple machine---I have OS X 10.4, g95, gcc tools---and willing to
AO> share the make.sys and the necessary tricks. Thanks,

the default configuration (yest there is one and it was tested)
for mac os x was created for use with the ibm xlf compiler.
you may have to fiddle a bit with the various settings to make
this work with g95. it is probably easier, you start with the
linux machine right away.

what did not work on the mac, btw?

axel.