[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 17:05:44 CEST 2005

Hi again,

--- Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:02, Eyvaz Isaev wrote:
>
> > > Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno,
> > > h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed.
> >
> > This means that PWSCF was compiled and run on
> > different computers with a different compatible
> CPU,
> > say Athlon and Pentium.
>
> it looks to me more like an installation problem,
> involving
> the compiler or some library

In fact, some time ago I compiled PWSCF on
Athlon-based PC, and then migrated to Pentium-based
PC. There was the same messages but everything worked
fine.

> > >  &inputph
> > >   tr2_ph=1.0d-14,
> > >   prefix='si',
> > >   epsil=.true.,
> > >   amass(1)=28.08,
> > >   tmp_dir='/home/scratch/',
> >
> > You have wrong definition for temporary directory
> in
> > phonons. It should be outdir='temp_dir_name'.
>
> in recent versions; he is using an old version of
> the phonon
> code, which might accept the old variable name
> "tmp_dir"

Yes, I am agree with your comment, but it seems
strange to me use different versions of pw.x and ph.x.
Are output files are compatible in this case?

Bests,
Eyvaz.