[Pw_forum] parallel environment not found

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Tue Oct 26 11:37:15 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 10:26, Mahmoud Payami wrote:
> Before I try to use "./configure", I have installed MPI and run
> "mpdboot -n <number_of_hosts>" command successfully. So the
> environment for parallel is ok.

I don't know this command, is it enough to say that the MPI environment
works? Have you tried compiling and running a simple test program?

> Afterwards, I try to use the "configure" command. As is seen at the
> end it does not detect parallel environment (although it detects all
> relevant mpicc, mpif77, ...):
[snip]
> checking for library containing mpi_init... no
[snip]
> WARNING: parallel environment not detected
> this program will run in single-processor mode

Could you please post the "config.log" file produced by running
configure? This should contain more info on why the check failed. If you
want to look at it yourself, search for "mpi_init".

Gerardo