[Pw_forum] how to investigate the electric field effect by pwscf

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Nov 29 11:54:16 CET 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 09:30, xywu wrote:

> How to use pwscf by density-functional perturbation theory

see documentaion for code "phonon"

> or self-consistent finite electric field

"true" finite field is not presently implemented. Somebody
promised an implementation months ago: I am still waiting.
What is implemented is the addition of a sawlike potential
that simulates the effect of the electric field in a supercell
(see the preceding message by Andrea)

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it