[Pw_forum] how to investigate the electric field effect by pwscf

Andrea Dal Corso dalcorso at sissa.it
Mon Nov 29 11:35:02 CET 2004

>From the INPUT_LD1 file:

tefield        LOGICAL ( default = .FALSE. )
               If .TRUE. a sawlike potential is added to the
               bare ionic potential.

iedir           INTEGER
               1, 2 or 3. Used only if tefield is .TRUE.. The direction
of the
               electric field is parallel to the bg(:,edir) reciprocal
               lattice vector ( So the potential is constant in planes
               defined by the mesh points )

emaxpos        REAL ( default = 0.5D0 )
               Position of the maximum of the sawlike potential within
the
               unit cell ( 0 < emaxpos < 1 )

eopreg         REAL( default = 0.1D0 )
               Part of the unit cell where the sawlike potential
decreases.
               ( 0 < eopreg < 1 )

eamp           REAL ( default = 0.001 a.u. )
               Amplitude of the electric field (in a.u.)
               ( 1 a.u. = 51.44 10^10 V/m )

>From the INPUT_PH file:

c epsil       if .true. in a q=0 calculation for a non metal the
.false.
c             macroscopic dielectric constant of the system is
c             computed.

Best Regards,

Andrea