[Pw_forum] ifc/linux allocation of more than 2 GB dynamical memory

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 16:44:35 CEST 2004

 Dear Nicola

 Please read the thread from February "Error encountered while attempting to
allocate a data object."
In this post Serguei Patchkovskii explained how to maximize RAM under linux:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2004-January/000825.html

 In short, it appears that static linking of everything (mkl included!!!) could
give more RAM. Since mkl 6.0 does not link this way, you need to use mkl 5.2

 Konstantin