[Pw_forum] mpirun problem in queuing system!

Adrain Zhou adrainzhou at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Aug 9 01:53:43 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I met a problem when runging pw.x using qsub on a linux clusters machine. The following is the script which is used for submit my job.

#$ -S /bin/bash
##$ -pe mpi 2
#$ -m bae
##$ -M adrainzhou at yahoo.com
#$ -cwd
mpirun -np 2 /home/adrain/bin/pw.x -npool 1  < mg.in > mg.out

There is nothing in the mg.out and there are some error information in another file.
It seems that there is no lamd running on the host node103.giza.
This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for the "mpirun" command.
Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.

But I tried to run without queuing and just use the command like this
mpirun -np 2 /home/aijun/bin/pw.x -npool 1  < mg.in > mg.out
It is okay.

I am a rookie on pwscf and also not good at LAM/MPI. Could somebody please help me to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Adrain

150万曲MP3疯狂搜,带您闯入音乐殿堂
美女明星应有尽有,搜遍美图、艳图和酷图