[Pw_forum] installation problems with pwscf version >= 2.0 !

Taner Yildirim taner at nist.gov
Fri Apr 23 01:40:09 CEST 2004

  Dear Carlo,

Thank you very much for your reply, which solved many problems.

>>  The simpler fix is to remove in neb_routines.f90 (SUBROUTINE
>>  compute_deg_of_freedom) the line :
>>
>> USE basis,            ONLY :  nat

After doing this, I recompiled using the old compiler v 7.3.1.3m.
The resulting ph.x now works with example 2! This compiler worked
before but the executable ph.x didn't work with example 2!

I also compiled the program with the new compiler  (V. 7.41) which
worked this time for pw.x and ph.x. It runs exemple 2 without any
problem. However I get three new errors:

module restart_spin
             /\
f90-855 f90:ERROR RESTART_SPIN, FIle=restart.f90,
line=10, column=8

The compiler has detected errors in module "RESTART_SPIN".
No module information file will be created for this module.

use wavefunctions_module, only : evc ==> evc_nc
                                                          /\

f90-1015 f90: ERROR READFILE_NEW, FIle=restart.f90
line=505, Column=36
Local-name "EVC" must only be referenced once in a rename-list
in this scope.

use wavefunctions_module, only:evc ==> evc_nc,psic==>psic_nc

f90-1015 f90: ERROR READFILE_CONFIG, File=restart.f90,
Line=1038, column=15
Local-name "EVC" must  only be referenced once in a rename-list
in this scope.

Any quick fixes for these errors?

Thanks,
Taner

PS: I am hoping that eventually these fixes will solve the
errors in ph.x created by pgi (which still crushes for example 2).

Dr. Taner Yildirim, Ph.D. Physicist, Condensed Matter Science Group,
taner at nist.gov                     NIST Center for Neutron Research,
PHONE: 301-975-6228     National Institute of Standards & Technology
FAX  : 301-921-9847                      Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8562
Web  : http://webster.ncnr.nist.gov/staff/taner