[Pw_forum] compilation of pwscf with lahey compiler

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon May 5 14:04:54 CEST 2003

Hi Kurt

> Thanks for the help. I can now compile the program, but I have
> problems with linking. I have all the blas, lapack and atlas libraries
> compiled in /usr/lib  and I have also installed fftw-3.0

don't use fftw-3.0 ! the code is written for fftw-2 . They are
NOT compatible. This explains many missing symbols.
Other are missing because the f90-to-C linking for Lahey
is not implemented (it's a recent change).
Remaining missing symbols are in the lapack library (likely
compiled with gcc). Try to load -lg2c or -lm

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19