[Pw_forum] PWscf on WIndows

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Jun 26 18:49:26 CEST 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 18:08, Jonathan Breeze wrote:
> That's nice to know.  So, in principle, it should be possible to
> compile PW on a Windows machine.

I think that all unix/linux tools needed to compile and run
PWscf: the shell, make, C compiler, fortran-90 compiler,
mathematical  libraries, exist for Windows as well. It is
actually much easier to find any software for Windows
than it is for Linux (especially commercial software). So
I don't see any major hurdle in porting PWscf to Windows,
apart from the fact that none of the developers works with
Windows, and I guess that nobody has any intention to do
so in the future. If however somebody else is willing to try,
he is welcome.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19