[Pw_forum] Length of tmp_dir

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Jun 24 22:03:58 CEST 2003

Hi

> [...]  This may be caused by the constraint in the length of the
> string of 'tmp_dir'.

it is. In the version under development (and soon to be released)
the allowed length of tmp_dir has been increased to 80

> If so, how could I increase its available length.

you should change the length of tmp_dir in PW/io.f90, but you
may need to change other definitions in other routines, plus
other intermediate variables, so it is not entirely straightforward.
My advice is to use short names and symbolic links, as
suggested by Michele, for the time being, and to wait for
the new release, where the 1.2.0 mess with character variable
lengths has been (hopefully) cleaned up.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19