[Pw_forum] io_base (O-sesame)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Aug 13 13:06:07 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 12:34, Goranka Bilalbegovic wrote:

> In the compilation of the O-sesame code (version 11.8. 2003.), using
> ifc 7.1 compiler, on the PC cluster (Red Hat 7.2), I have the following
> error in a new io_base.f90: [...]

> *Compiler Internal Error* : Please report to Intel(R) Corporation

In some cases, this may be a consequence of an error in the code,
but since everything works fine with ifc 6.0, it must be a ifc 7.1 issue.
This is what the manual says:
If you get ``internal compiler error'' or similar messages, lower
the optimization level, or remove optimization, just for the routine
that has problems. Some earlier versions of fortran-90 compilers
were not especially reliable. If you have weird problems, try to use
the most recent version of the compiler you can find, or to install
patches for the compiler (most vendors release at least a few patches
for free).
The most recent version of ifc v.7.1 (7.1.028) was released
yesterday. You might try it and let us know. Unfortunately
you may need to download the entire package: 80 Mb or so !!!

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19