[Thermo_pw-forum] Asking about an thermo_px error

Andrea Dal Corso dalcorso at sissa.it
Tue Aug 18 10:19:37 CEST 2020

On Tue, 2020-08-18 at 07:56 +0000, El-abed Haidar wrote:
> Good evening,
> This is my first QE question and I tried to look it up in the mail
> but I could not find it.
> I was testing example 12 of thermo.px to find the k path of silicon.
> The test was successful but I got the following warning:
> sh: asy: command not found

This means that you have not the package asymptote installed, or if
you have, its executable is not called asy. You need to install the
package to produce the figure with the BZ path. If you have the
package installed you can change the command used to call it by setting
the input variable asymptote_command.

> line 0: warning: iconv failed to convert degree sign
> "gnuplot.tmp_xrdp", line 1: warning: iconv failed to convert degree
> sign

This message is instead produced by the recent versions of gnuplot and
it is harmless.

Andrea