[QE-developers] Request for Assistance with Non-Convergence Issue in VC Relax Calculation

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Tue Apr 23 10:32:21 CEST 2024

Dear Shashank

The convergence issue may be due to Fe and Ni competing for the "spin acquisition," so hopefully, you can fix the problem by specifying only one starting magnetization, either Fe or Ni or, if there are two solutions, define each of the two alternatives.

Another thing that you may try, if you have a sensible  guess for the final magnetization is to first do a calculation with total_magnetization set, then use the hopefully converged  density for starting a pure SCF calculation.

Hope it helps
kind regards Pietro

P.S. Just for the future; this kind of queries fit maybe better to the users at lists.quantum-espresso.org list