[QE-developers] Gitlab merge request

Laurent Pizzagalli laurent.pizzagalli at univ-poitiers.fr
Tue Aug 2 11:51:58 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

I made a few additions to quantum espresso, according to the procedure
described in the Developer's manual (i.e. making a fork of the develop
version on GitLab, cloning this fork locally, and working on a new branch).
I push my changes to gitlab and next created a merge request for my branch.
However, in both cases, I got messages from gitlab telling me that I
should validate my account to use 'shared runners'?

I am not an expert of git, and even less of gitlab, then I am a bit
unsure of the status of my merge request.
My questions are :
- Is it really needed to use 'shared runners' to participate in the
development of QE ?
- Should I provide specific names for assignee and reviewer in the merge
request ?

Thank you

Best regards

Laurent