[QE-developers] pwgui problem in qe 7.0 on Centos 7

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Apr 14 10:37:06 CEST 2022

On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 17:18 +0900, フォンスポール J wrote:
> Hi Tone,
>  I suspect that you are correct in that this is likely a system
> problem. As you can see below, both the itk and iwidgets packages
> cannot be found using tclsh. I am a little confused though in that
> using the “package require itk” or “package require iwidgets” input,
> no version is specified. As you can see from the yum/dnf output below
> both packages are installed although they may be not the most up to
> date. Shouldn’t the “package require itk” work for any version of
> itk? Is this a hint that something else is strange?
>

> % tclsh
> % package require Tk
> 8.6.12
> % package require Itcl
> 4.2.2
> % package require Itk
> can't find package Itk
> % package require Iwidgets
> can't find package Iwidgets
> % exit

I checked the Cent OS 7 iwidgets package: it is compatible with Tcl8.5
and not Tcl8.6, but you have Tcl8.6. It may be the case that your Itk
may also be compatible with Tcl8.5.

Cent OS also has tcl8.5 and you can try to install it (before doing so,
see the alternative below). Then you can repeat the sequence:

tclsh8.5
package require Tk
package require Itcl
package require Itk
package require Iwidgets

But it may be the case that you will also need to install a lower
version of Itcl (there is itcl-3.4-10.el7.x86_64.rpm).

Alternatively, you can upgrade to Cent OS 8, where iwidgets and itk are
compatible with Tcl8.6 (I checked).

Regards, Tone
--
Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia