[QE-developers] GPU

Filippo S spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 09:30:40 CEST 2021

For servers, consider A100. There are various options, 40 GByte PCIe or 80 GByte PCIe or HGX 4-ways or HGX 8-ways or DGX A100 (turnkey solution).

For workstations, the only powerful capable FP64 card that is active cooled is Quadro GV100 32 GByte. It is based on the Volta architecture which is fine for QE but it is not the very latest released (Ampere).

If you have budget, have a look at NVIDIA DGX Station.

Consider doing a full evaluation by applying to PRACE resources (VEGA early access: https://prace-ri.eu/hpc-access/eurohpc-access/eurohpc-ju-benchmark-and-development-access-calls/) or by using the cloud.

HTH

—
Filippo SPIGA
* Sent from my iPhone *