[QE-developers] GPU

Mihaly Purgel mihaly.purgel at rimpido.com
Sun Sep 5 22:47:06 CEST 2021

Dear Developers,

I am an SAP ESH consultant of rimpido GmbH, however, for 12 years I had
been working in the academic field, and made computations mainly by
Gaussian.

I was looking for GPL software and started testing the Quantum Espresso.
I found that our/my previous results performed by Gaussian had good
agreement with the test calculations by QE.

It made me enthusiastic to learn more about this software.

Recently I was interested in substances causing environmental problems
such as glyphosate:
https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2021/EM/D1EM00100K

We would like to carry out calculations by QE, and therefore we plan to
buy a Linux server. (I have just tested the software under Windows.)

Would be useful to buy/use GPU for calculations by QE?

Best regards,

Mihály Purgel

https://m2.mtmt.hu//api/report/777626/actions/list?field=2&format=html
<https://m2.mtmt.hu/api/report/777626/actions/list?field=2&format=html>

--
Ezt az e-mailt az Avast víruskereső szoftver átvizsgálta.