[QE-developers] A question concerning a QE development

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu May 27 22:04:52 CEST 2021

Dear Laurent

the proliferation of input variables in QE is an old and known problem.
I am not sure what the best solution should be, though. One possibility
I would consider is to read the needed variables from a separate file.
If I remember correctly this is what the "Environ" library does.
Another one is to extend the existing ATOMIC_FORCES card, that currently
supports only a list of forces, to cover your case as well.

Paolo