[QE-developers] Testing on Linux ARM64

Samuel Poncé samuel.pon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:52:11 CEST 2021

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for your offer and apologies for the late reply.

We are running a nightly Buildbot test-farm:

http://158.110.145.67:8010/#/builders

and would be very happy to add an ARM64 worker to it.

Could you give me ssh access to one of the ARM VM (any Linux distro ok and
any specs ok) and add Prof. Giannozzi (in c.c. of this email) also in c.c ?
The only request is for the VM to have the 8010 and 9989 port open (the
worker needs to communicate with the master machine).
Ideally also access to outside internet to install specific libraries,
buildbot etc.

Many thanks,
Samuel

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 14:39, Martin Grigorov <martin.grigorov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 12:13 PM Martin Grigorov <martin.grigorov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Q-E devs!
>>
>> At https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/user_guide/node10.html I see
>> that ARM64 CPU architecture is an officially supported one!
>>
>> But I don't recognize an ARM64 builder at http://158.110.145.67:8010/#/.
>> Is the project interested to have such builder ?
>> If YES, then please contact me privately to discuss the details
>> (preferred Linux distro, hardware specs, etc.).
>> I work for https://openlabtesting.org/ and we are willing to donate a
>> long-term VM to the project.
>>

> I guess there is no interest in having a Linux ARM64 CI agent at the
> moment.
> If you decide later that it might be useful then do not hesitate to
> contact me at mgrigorov at apache dot org!
> Or you can apply for similar VMs from different providers:
>
>    -
>
>    https://github.com/WorksOnArm/cluster
>

>    -
>
>    https://fosshost.org/apply
>

> Regards,
> Martin
>

>> Regards,
>> Martin

    Dr. Samuel Poncé
    Laboratory of theory and simulation of materials
    Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
    Switzerland

    Phone:  +41 21 693 50 10
    email: samuel.ponce at epfl.ch
    web: https://people.epfl.ch/samuel.ponce/?lang=en