[QE-developers] Issue with fhi2upf.x

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:44:32 CET 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM Weinhardt, Lothar (IPS) <
Lothar.Weinhardt at kit.edu> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the resulting .upf file ony contains the following text:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

I remember that at some stage the fhi2upf converter wasn't working any
longer, but don't remember what was wrong. I think I fixed it when the
reorganization of pseudopotential-related code was started. I am quite
confident that the new code performing the conversion: upflib/upfconv.x,
works in later QE versions.

Note that many FHI pseudopotentials are available  in UPF format here:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/pseudopotentials/fhi-pp-from-abinit-web-site