[QE-developers] Laue-RISM screening (qe-rism-6.5.0)

Otani Minoru otani at ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Apr 18 10:55:27 CEST 2021

Dear Jiri,

The charge neutrality must be always satisfied. Since your tot_charge=-4, the total charge of solvent must be converged to +4. Thus 1M NaCl calculation is correct. But 0.1M NaCl case, the solvent charge is too small. You need to reconstruct the model.

Generally, the thickness of the EDL become thick as you decrease the density of salt. So, probably you need to expand the unit cell along z-direction (not the expand cell).

Best regards,
Minoru

Minoru Otani
Professor,
Center for Computational Sciences and Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences,
University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577, Japan
TEL: +81-29-853-4273
FAX: +81-29-853-6406
E-mail: otani at ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp