[QE-developers] SX-Aurora TSUBASA

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:45:54 CEST 2020

Relying on compiler to move page between host and device via the PCI-E bus
scares me and I'm more comfortable with an offload model which allows me to
control data movement.
NEC recently upstreams an Aurora plugin into the OpenMP offload runtime
library in LLVM.
Once the LLVM IR to NEC instruction backend is fully working (Maybe already
working). We should be able to use OpenMP offload and Flang (not yet in
production) which is now in LLVM.
Ye
Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory