[QE-developers] [QE-user] Speeding up QE calculations

Natalia Kireeva nkireeva at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:56:39 CEST 2020

Hello,

You can try CPU overclocking. It gives you something for the processors with unlocked multiplier (processors with K index at the end - e.g. "Core i7-875K” ). Please, don’t chuckle, it seems it helps ))
Be careful with kinetic energy cutoff options (in the papers you can find these parameters in the eV while in QE the Ry are used).
You can use the special tool in QE for the conversion of cif to QE input file/coordinates (in PW/tools) to obtain the reduced system.

Best regards,
NK

Natalia KIREEVA, PhD,
Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry RAS
tel. (+7) 916-8257704
e-mail: nkireeva at gmail.com; kireeva at phyche.ac.ru