[QE-developers] to do list for the next release

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:06:36 CET 2019

Hi Pietro,

two questions (pure curiosity)
- Is this going to be a 6.3.1, 6.4 or 7.0?
- In term of checkpoint/restart or any more complex workflow, what is the forward & backward compatibility of this version? i.e. can I do PWscf from any previous 6.x and run PH of this latest version? Or can I stop a PWscf calculation I was running from a previous 6.x and resume it using this latest version? things like that ...)

Cheers

On Jan 22, 2019, at 3:19 PM, Pietro Delugas <pdelugas at sissa.it> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As  has been  decided at the end of  the last developers meeting, the next release will be the 28th of February 2019.
>
> It would be useful to prepare  a list with  all programmed  contributions.
>
> We start the  list with the  things that here in Trieste me and Paolo Giannozzi  are going to add before the next release.
>
> Please feel add your contribution to the list replying to this thread.
>
> regards - Pietro
>
> TODO list for the next release (end of February)
> Pietro Delugas & Paolo Giannozzi
>
> 1. Update of xml output with some new variables and usage of the new
>     interface. Merge request is going to be posted by the end of January
> 2. Merge request with the last developments on EXX + Localization with
>     SCDM ( Ivan Carnimeo's branch).
> 3. Preparation of the official release of PostQE with preparation of
>     wiki pages for examples, installation and contribution of new features
> 4. Removal of iotk from the distribution. Requires to move to schema-
>     based phonon output (or to remove it in case implementing the schema
>     takes too much time).
> 5. Documentation for the new I/O, both xml and binary files.
> 6. First step towards Ford documentation.

> developers mailing list
> developers at lists.quantum-espresso.org

Filippo Spiga