[QE-developers] Re QE v.6.4

Valerio Vitale vv284 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 19:20:35 CET 2019

Dear all,

on behalf of the Wannier90 developers team I'd like to mention our final
contributions to the code before next release. We plan to fire a PR by
next Tuesday morning (or even earlier), which takes care of moving the
input flags that control the calculation of the initial projections with
the SCDM method from Wannier90 to pw2wannier90. We are doing this now so
that it becomes easier in the future to extend this logic to more
general algorithms devoted to generate the initial projections in an
automatic way. Also these changes restore back-compatibility with
previous versions of QE.

Once this PR is accepted, we will open one last PR with the changes to
the plugins_list file so that the link in there points to the correct
address for the new tar.gz. We strongly believe we will be able to do
this by next Wednesday at latest.

Therefore, we would be very grateful if you could wait until then to
release the new version of QE. Please let us know if you feel the timing
is to tight.

Best wishes,

Valerio