[QE-developers] Question about PHonon

hisabbit at yahoo.co.jp hisabbit at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Nov 16 23:50:39 CET 2018

Dear Developer group of Quantum Espresso,
               C.C.: Dr. Paolo Giannozzi
Thank you for your quick reply.However, I think my inquiry does not send you correctly.
I send you this time input and output files for my phonon calculation together with the input file for SCF calculation.Number of different types of atoms is TWO, and number of atoms is 45.The error occurs at namelist in subroutine inputph.
I guess that codes relating to parallel computing have problems, but I can not cope this.Please tell me the way to cope this situation.
Sincerely yours,Hisayoshi Kobayashi
Emeritus Professor of Kyoto Institute of Technology.
 ******************Previous answer from Dr. Paolo**********************
Dear Professor Kobayashi, 10 is the maximum number of different types of atoms. The atomic mass should be specified for all types of atoms, not for all atoms. In the old message you found, it looks like there is a single type of atoms, so it is sufficient to specify amass(1)=12.0107. IIN the unlikely case you have more than 10 different types of atoms, change the parameter "ntypx" in q-e/Modules/parameters.f90, recompile