[QE-developers] Hybrid functional band structure calculation

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:22:10 CEST 2018

Dear Shuyang,

As the error message says you cannot do a non-scf calculation with hybrid
functionals (namely, you cannot set calculation='bands' or 'nscf').
As an alternative way to compute the bands with PBE0, you can perform a
PBE0 scf calculation with nbnd equal to the number of bands you want to
compute
and by choosing the densest k-point grid you can afford. Then, you can
extract with a script the bandstructure from the scf calculations by
selecting
high symmetry k-points and the other k-points that lie in between two high
symmetry points.
Of course at first you have to make sure that the k-point grid you chose
contains enough k-points to obtain a reasonably smooth bandstructure.
Best,

Dario