[QE-developers] using git

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:22:38 CEST 2018

Hello,
I'm trying to understand once again how we are supposed to use the
gitlab repository specifically for qe, and to write a mini-guide in the
process (I could not find any).

I have a question: are we using the develop or the master branch by
default? Commits seem to go to both more or less at the same time.

Also, do yuo confirm that the official way to get commits into the repo
is fork -> commit -> pull request, and even if some of us have write
access to the QEF/q-e repo, it is better to avoid pushing to it directly?

cheers

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6