[Q-e-developers] packaging quantum espresso for Debian

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Feb 16 12:43:50 CET 2018

Hi Georges,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 06:09:16PM +0100, Georges Khaznadar wrote:
> I am a Debian Developer, in charge of a few dozens of packages, which
> are currently in good shape
> (https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=georgesk@debian.org), and I
> wanted to evaluate the possibility to package q-e properly for Debian
> (hence, also Ubuntu and other derivatives of Debian).

q-e is being packaged here for Debian (and, by syncing Ubuntu):

https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/espresso

Debian recently moved from a GForge instance (alioth) to a gitlab
instance (salsa), and we did not carry over all the team members for
Debichem. But you are welcome to join in again.

I don't have a lot of time for chemistry Debian packages right now, so
if you would like to help with q-e packaging, that would be quite
welcome.

Michael