[Q-e-developers] Compilation problems with xx.f90

Oliviero Andreussi oliviero.andreussi at usi.ch
Wed Feb 8 14:28:52 CET 2017

Dear all,

sorry if this has been already pointed out by others, I run into some compilations issues with exx.f90 when trying to compile pw.x on my mac laptop, using g95. First I had a stupid (but never seen before) issue with lines being truncated, in particular when the compiler-time modification of the lines was used, e.g.

Warning (115): Line 1487 of exx.f90 is being truncated
In file exx.f90:1487

dp,kind=DP))
     1
Error: Syntax error in argument list at (1)

While this is probably something easy to fix (I am sure there is also some setting I can specify to overcome the problem, instead of adding continuation characters by hand in the problematic lines), I found that the most recent commit introduces what g95 sees as an error in pointer assignment

In file exx.f90:1710

    prhoc(1:nrxxs*jblock) => rhoc(:,:)
    1
Error: Pointer assignment to non-POINTER at (1)
In file exx.f90:1711

    pvc(1:nrxxs*jblock) => vc(:,:)
    1
Error: Pointer assignment to non-POINTER at (1)

If the problems are in my compiling set up, I would really appreciate the help of the experts.

Best,

Oliviero Andreussi
--
Senior Postdoctoral Researcher
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and