[Q-e-developers] problem with pressure calculation -- cp.x (bug?)

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Tue Sep 13 08:52:38 CEST 2016

Hello Pier Luigi ,

I forward your email to the q-e-developers mailing-list. I am not expert of the physics, I am more on the "computing/HPC" side of things. Hopefully someone can clarify this point of you. If it is a bug (it looks like a bug and it smells like a bug.... so probably we need to investigate properly) we will work to fix it by the official release My uninformed guess is that the quantities that varies across different machines is calculated heavily using some libraries or some OpenMP. This is something easy to check. I cannot comment about cp.x versus pw.x correctness.

Anyone has a guess about these discrepancies or a practical suggestion how to verify this?