[Q-e-developers] contribution of subroutines for evaluation of topological numbers

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Fri Oct 28 00:08:04 CEST 2016

On Oct 27, 2016, at 10:02 AM, H. Lee <hjunlee at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few months ago, I already joined in q-e-private. Do you mean this q-e-private? To my knowledge, it seems that I can't submit modifications into this q-e-private.

To be exact, you can push changes in the "q-e-private" GIT private mirror but nothing will happen in the SVN.

The master branch in the private GIT mirror is synced regularly with the SVN. It is a one-way sync, SVN to GIT, not vice-versa. This is done on purpose by design to avoid conflicts, merge problems, inconsistencies or misalignments.

You can create your own branch in the GIT private to simplify your workflow and align your code and do as many branches as you want (within reason since delete them is a bit complicated). However to see any of your code modifications reflected in the main SVN a senior developer has to manually commit those on your behalf into the SVN (and expect them to review these modifications as well as part of the process).

HTH

--
Filippo SPIGA ~ Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation ~ http://www.quantum-espresso.org