[Q-e-developers] global_kpoint_index

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Oct 18 10:47:58 CEST 2016

Nevermind,
we have one now..

By the way, I'm trying to do a broadcast from one pool to all the others; i.e.
assuming the only a certain pool, not necessarily rthe first one, has the
correct data and I want everyone to have a copy of it.

I'm finding this annoyingly difficult, I'm a bit lost with which are the correct
communicators to use. I would like to avoid doing a huge mp_sum, is there any
place where it has been implemented already?

This would also be used in the EXX code: at the moment each pool rotates the
wavefcuntions for the points it has, then a massive all-to-all mp_sum is
called to broadcast the data, this looks like a massive bottleneck to me
(maybe it is not?), I'm only one step away from fixing it, but I need the
above..

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6