[Q-e-developers] Compilation of QE with PGI 15

Samuel Poncé samuel.pon at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:45:33 CEST 2016

Hello Filippo,

Just to finish. The version of pgi is
pgfortran --version

pgfortran 15.7-0 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp core2
The Portland Group - PGI Compilers and Tools
Copyright (c) 2015, NVIDIA CORPORATION.  All rights reserved

with gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 for the CPP.

The bot that does that test can be found at
http://129.67.86.21:8010/builders/EPW-farm2_pgi15/builds/38/steps/make_pw/logs/stdio

As a side note, I was never able to compile QE with pgi 12.10.
Since its an old version, I gave up testing it.

Best,
Sam

On 17 May 2016 at 10:17, Filippo SPIGA <filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org>
wrote:

> Interesting Martin, thanks for let us know. I have several builds of GCC
> on the cluster, let me play a bit swapping them !
>
> On May 17, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Martin Schlipf <martin.schlipf at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Filippo,
> >
> > the builder that compiles with PGI uses gcc 4.8.5 for the preprocessing.
> > I tested an older version 4.4.7, which does not add the additional
> > C-style comment.
>
> --
> Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
> Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation
> http://www.quantum-espresso.org ~ skype: filippo.spiga
>
> *****
> Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL
> and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents
> are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized
> recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the
> sender immediately of any error in transmission."

    Dr. Samuel Poncé
    Department of Materials
    University of Oxford
    Parks Road