[Q-e-developers] Divergence in PAW UPF

Anton Kozhevnikov a.v.kozhevnikov at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:34:24 CEST 2016

Dear Lorenzo!
Can you please clarify this statement: "scattering states are not
normalizable: they always diverge". Are the scattering states differ from
the unbound states (i.e. plane waves), which are also not normalizable, but
at least they don't diverge? The scattering states in the UPF files have a
value of ~10^8 at the end of the radial grid. What's the physics behind the
states with psi(r)->infinity for r->infinity?

With kind regards,
Anton.